News from last month (2019/02 edition)
So many links this month... I tried to add some categories, this will change in the future editions.
Docker, K8s, Cloud
- How I Hacked Play-with-Docker and Remotely Ran Code on the Host
- Atlassian admits it did Kubernetes 'the hard way'
- Introducing GCP Essentials, a new video series
- Go: Avoid package names like base, util, or common
- Get Go-ing with Cloud Functions: Go 1.11 is now a supported language
- JFrog GoCenter: the Central Go Modules Repository
- New horizons in CSS: Houdini and the Paint API
- CSS doesn’t suck
- (French) CSS font-display et le chargement des polices web
- HTML, CSS and our vanishing industry entry points
- tufte-css: style your webpage like Edward Tufte’s handouts.
- Unhandled Promise Rejection in depth
- Yarn's Future - v2 and beyond
- Why Isn’t X a Hook?
- Podcast: Elm to OCaml, Technical Debt, and Escape Hatches with Paul Biggar
- learn re-frame
- Svelte on The Changelog
Something strange is happening. In the last few months, multiple projects switched to TypeScript (jest, yarn, Vue.js)... I like to have choices (vim vs emacs, space vs tabs...) and having TypeScript taking over the world of languages that compile to JS is a problem. I really hope Flow will get back on tracks because I don't think the world is ready for ReasonML.
- The future of TypeScript on ESLint
- Announcing TypeScript 3.3
- What the Flow team has been up to
- Reason association
- How to get a taste of ReasonML by building something useful
I should call this category «Facebook, Google» maybe ?
- The Internet's Own Boy: The Story of Aaron Swartz
- Samsung Phone Users Perturbed to Find They Can't Delete Facebook
- Complete guide to GDPR compliance
- You Should Have the Right to Sue Companies That Violate Your Privacy
- (French) Les données que récolte Google, document complet
- Apple has a message for Amazon and Google at CES
- DuckDuckGo Taps Apple Maps to Power Private Search Results
- Facebook's '10 Year Challenge' Is Just a Harmless Meme—Right?
- (French) Allergie au Google Home
- (French) Une sanction de 50 millions d’euros à l’encontre de la société GOOGLE LLC
- Wow, fancy that. Web ad giant Google to block ad-blockers in Chrome. For safety, apparently
- Zuckerberg Plans to Integrate WhatsApp, Instagram and Facebook Messenger
- (French) Données personnelles : l'Europe aura-t-elle raison des GAFAM ?
- Privacy is a human right, we need a GDPR for the world: Microsoft CEO
- (French) Scandale Facebook de la semaine : Onavo, le VPN espion
- 7 Rules for Creating Gorgeous UI (Updated for 2019)
- What’s the Difference Between $5 Logo and $250 Logo? I Tried Both.
- Will Adobe XD kill Sketch and InVision?
- Slack: Say hello, new logo
- Separating Content
- UX vs. UI: Design Stages, Participants, Roles, and Skills
- This is what web pages look like now.
- Things I’ve been wrong about, things I’ve been right about
- The internet, but not as we know it: life online in China, Cuba, India and Russia
- The Ethics of Web Performance
- What I learned about Imagery on the Web
- Inside look at how modern browsers work : part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4.
I saw some articles about people or companies leaving Medium. Please do the same.
- The ghosts of technology in today’s language
- The state of gRPC in the browser
- Monorepos: Please don’t!
- I learnt C++ in 2018 and have no regrets
- New year, new GitHub: Announcing unlimited free private repos and unified Enterprise offering
- Courier: Dropbox migration to gRPC
- Designing the Flexbox Inspector
- Kotlin: How Can a Programming Language be so Young And so Mature at The Same Time?
- Manifesto for Half-Arsed Agile Software Development
- The Clojure Style Guide Redux
- The Evolution of a Rust Programmer
- Tech Choices I Regret at Spectrum
- Our Software Dependency Problem
- Travis CI Acquired by Idera
- Apple: Trust us, we've patented parts of Swift...
- Algebraic Effects(-ish Things) in Clojure
- The Legacy of Firefox OS
- Microsoft decides Internet Explorer 10 has had its fun: Termination set for January 2020
- Discovering Functional Programming
- Your Problem with Vim is That You Don’t Grok Vi
- The Great Divide Two front-end developers are sitting at a bar. They have nothing to talk about.
- (French) Marina Foïs : « Je ne crois qu’à la mixité sociale, culturelle, raciale »
- The short history of global living conditions and why it matters that we know it
- AlphaStar: Mastering the Real-Time Strategy Game StarCraft II
- You’re Descended from Royalty and So Is Everybody Else
- Our universe has antimatter partner on the other side of the Big Bang, say physicists
- The economics of streaming is making songs shorter
- Otter web browser Final released
- What's new in Angular 7.2?
- mkcert: valid https certificates for localhost
- Bash-5.0 release available
- Loki: like Prometheus, but for logs
- fff: a simple file manager written in bash.
- act: run your GitHub Actions locally
- lighterhtml: The hyperHTML strength & experience without its complexity tada
- z.lua helps you navigate faster by learning your habits zap
- Programming Fonts: Test drive over 50 free programming fonts!
- Babel 7.3.0 Released: Named capturing groups, private instance accessors and smart pipelines
- redux-saga 1.0.0
- Pharo 7.0 released
- Timeliner: all your digital life on a single timeline, stored locally
- Introducing Ionic 4: Ionic for Everyone
- fx_cast chromecast for firefox
- fish-nvm: pure-fish, Node.js version manager
- ProseMirror: a toolkit for building rich-text editors on the web
- Martin Odersky - Towards Scala 3 - A Status Report
- Elastic Stack 6.6.0 Released
- ClojureScript 1.10.516 Release
- Crystal 0.27.1 released!
- React 16.8.0 is coming on february 4th !
- Vue 3.0 Updates with Evan You