News from last month (2019/01 edition)
2019-01-05Last modified on 2022-04-27
Here are some links for you, so you can get back on tracks before going back to work.
Also, they are in a special order: when I read these contents.
- Go 1.12 Beta 1 is released
- React v16.7: No, This Is Not The One With Hooks
- Timeline for the release of Rails 6.0
- fish 3.0.0
- FBT An internationalization framework
- How Does setState Know What to Do?
- Stop trying to be so DRY, instead Write Everything Twice (WET)
- The Yoda of Silicon Valley
- Go Modules in 2019
- EcmaScript: Standard Library Proposal
- ECMAScript modules in Node.js: the new plan
- Solving murder with Prolog
- New CSS Logical Properties!
- The practical value of semantic HTML
- The Fragmented, But Evolving State of CSS-in-JS
- The future of Kubernetes is Virtual Machines
- Node.js Fundamentals: Web Server Without Dependencies
- I Used The Web For A Day Using A Screen Reader
- The office coffee model of concurrent garbage collection
- It is fast or it is wrong
- How the Valley treats its experienced people
- Styling a Select Like It’s 2019
- Will PWAs Replace Native Mobile Apps?
And the big announcement... Edge is switching to Chromium. Here are some interesting notes about it:
- Google isn’t the company that we should have handed the Web over to
- What We Wished For
- Risking a Homogeneous Web