Web & Frontend (HTML, CSS, JS, Design...)
- TypeScript vs ReasonML – A Comparison
- Mozilla: What’s next in making Encrypted DNS-over-HTTPS the Default
- React's useEffect and useRef Explained for Mortals
- Introducing caniemail.com
- (Why) Some HTML is "optional"
- Two Browsers Walked Into a Scrollbar
- Animating a Hue around the Color Wheel with Houdini
- An HTML attribute potentially worth $4.4M to Chipotle
- Robot: Fast 1kB functional library for creating Finite State Machines
- TypeScript: The future of the "private" keyword
- Using the Little-Known CSS element() Function to Create a Minimap Navigator
- React Router v5.1
- Stop using Internet Explorer immediately; also, why are you still using Internet Explorer?
- Techniques to make a web app load fast, even on a feature phone
- How (Not) to Build a Button
- 5G Will Definitely Make the Web Slower, Maybe
- Accessibility For Everyone
Backend & languages
- Fastmail and Perl: an interview with Ricardo Signes
- IEEE Ranked the Top Programming Languages of 2019
- The Ballerina Programming Language
- Python 2 End of Life Announced as January 1st 2020
- The Strange Persistence of First Languages
- Who Cares About Functional Programming?
- Crystal 0.31.0 released!
- Nim: Version 1.0 released, and a blog post about it.
- Announcing .NET Core 3.0
- Announcing Rust 1.38.0
- Application Layering - A Pattern for Extensible Elixir Application Design
Cloud & Ops/DevOps
- The Cult of Kubernetes
- Serverless: 15% slower and 8x more expensive
- What Team Structure is Right for DevOps to Flourish?
- BanzaiCloud Kafka Operator tour
Business, career, level up, thoughts
- 3 tribes of programming
- Ask HN: What Have You Learned at Google as a Software Engineer?
- DevOps didn’t exist when I started as a developer: How this one principle changed my career
- The Appification of Everything & Why it Needs to End
- Software Architecture is Overrated, Clear and Simple Design is Underrated
Open source, Projects & Tools
- pspg: Unix pager designed for work with tables. Designed for PostgreSQL, but MySQL is supported too. Now it can be used as CSV viewer.
- Nitter: Alternative Twitter front-end, available at nitter.net
- Kite: Code Faster in Python with Intelligent Snippets
- CUE: Validate, define, and use dynamic and text-based data
- GORSS: Go Terminal Feed Reader
- curl 7.66.0 – the parallel HTTP/3 future is here
- About Kakoune: The Vim-Inspired Editor with a Linguistic Twist
- Neqo, an Implementation of QUIC written in Rust
- Cascadia Code: This is a fun, new monospaced font that includes programming ligatures and is designed to enhance the modern look and feel of the Windows Terminal.
- gitGraber: monitor GitHub to search and find sensitive data in real time for different online services
- starship: The cross-shell prompt for astronauts
- ipwndfu: open-source jailbreaking tool for many iOS devices
- PeerTube 1.4 is out!
- Invidious Everywhere
- Inkscape 1.0 beta1 available for testing
- ship.js: Take control of what is going to be your next release.
Privacy, Digital Rights, Security
- Brave uncovers Google’s GDPR workaround
- Don't be fooled by Gmail's promise for confidential emails.
- French application of international rules to cyberwarfare
- Firefox: Leave my DNS alone
- Judge Rules Google Email-Scanning Lawsuit Can Proceed
- Google Blocks Privacy Push at the Group That Sets Web Standards
- Unfixable iOS Device Exploit Is the Latest Apple Security Upheaval
- Silicon Valley: le CEO de Palantir pense que les patrons n'ont pas besoin d'avoir de morale
- Edward Snowden: "On a changé les lois pour légitimer la surveillance"
- Déframasoftisons Internet !
- Project Everest: Advancing the science of program proof
- Team behind world's first black hole image wins 'Oscar of science'
- One in five genetics papers contains errors thanks to Microsoft Excel
- A space elevator is possible with today’s technology, researchers say (we just need to dangle it off the moon)
- The world’s most advanced nanotube computer may keep Moore’s Law alive
- Caesarean babies have different gut bacteria, microbiome study finds
- Computational Photography - From Selfies to Black Holes
- ROMs and Mappers: Why NES Games Can Be So Different On The Same Hardware
- Use The Keyboard: A collection of keyboard shortcuts for Mac apps, Windows programs, and websites.
- What’s it like to live on less than $2 a day? By Bill Gates
- From mind control to murder? How a deadly fall revealed the CIA’s darkest secrets
- Forest fires: Are they worse than in previous years?
- ‘The whole system is rotten. We want to tear it down’: Hong Kong protests blaze on
- Vinyl set to outsell CDs for first time since 1986
- In 2019 we have eleven new games for the Atari Lynx
- Kendrick Lamar’s Good Kid, M.a.a.d City Becomes Longest Charting Hip-Hop Studio Album in Billboard 200 History
- Text Rendering Hates You
- Japanese pagers to issue last beeps on Tuesday, ending 50-year run