News from last month (2020/02 edition)
2020-02-05Last modified on 2022-04-27
Quite sad about this:
Web & Frontend (HTML, CSS, JS, Design...)
- Which emoji scissors close
- Is “is” Useful?
- Why You Should Choose HTML5 article Over section
- Snowpack: Build web applications with less tooling and 10x faster iteration.
- Instructions for the use of the Olivetti Lettera 22.
- Announcing TypeScript 3.8 Beta
- Type-Driven Development with PureScript
- Timeless Web Dev Articles
- Debunking the Myth: Accessibility and React
- The Web in 2020: Extensibility and Interoperability
- Introducing Yarn 2 !
- Vue.js vs React: we built an app on both frameworks (2020)
- Today, the Trident Era Ends
- Intrinsic Sizing In CSS
- Architects, gardeners, and design systems
- Workbox v5 released
- Un Proxy en JS, c'est bien pratique partie 1 & partie 2
- Accessibilité Web : Bilan des plaintes provenant des États-Unis en 2019
Backend & languages
- TIOBE Index for January 2020
- The IO Rosetta Stone
- Crystal vs TypeScript
- What is GraphQL - the misconceptions.
- Exploring SwiftUI Apple Watch Performance
- The Beef Programming Language
- Translating Quake 3 into Rust
- Kotlin as scripting language
- Rust Lang in a nutshell: 1# Introduction
- How We Solved a Report on docker-compose Performance on macOS Catalina
- Quarkus 1.2.0.Final released - GraalVM 19.3.1 support, Metrics, Cache extension, and more
- The Go Blog - Next steps for pkg.go.dev
- Rust Moving Towards an IDE-Friendly Compiler with Rust Analyzer
Cloud & Ops/DevOps
- Deploy your side-projects at scale for basically nothing - Google Cloud Run
- January Release of CloudBees Jenkins X Distribution with AWS/EKS Support Now Available
Science & Machine Learning
- This Foot Does Not Exist
- Keeping master green at scale
- Today I Learned That Not Everyone Has An Internal Monologue And It Has Ruined My Day.
- The Pregnant Scientist Who Raced Against Death to Transform Physics
- Institut Pasteur sequences the whole genome of the Wuhan coronavirus, 2019-nCoV
Open source, Projects & Tools
- Pulse Sms for Android is now open source
- Webauthn in Keycloak
- Google: Codelabs management & hosting tools
- Elasticsearch Rust Client
- How to exit vim
- The source code to VVVVVV, now open and public!
- JetBrains Mono. A typeface for developers_
- GNU Guile 3.0.0 released
- X11 on iOS
- From zsh to fish: A Complete Setup Guide
- Playwright: Node library to automate Chromium, Firefox and WebKit with a single API
- medup: Download all content from Medium to local folder
- The Book of Secret Knowledge: A collection of inspiring lists, manuals, cheatsheets, blogs, hacks, one-liners, cli/web tools and more.
- SQLite Is Serverless
- Five Years of Btrfs
- Collapse OS: Winter is coming and Collapse OS aims to soften the blow.
- Dino: a modern open-source chat client for the desktop.
- Simpler GnuPG with another look at Keybase
- Guix : un outil pour les remplacer tous
- Les projets pédagogiques, Minetest et Minecraft : une belle histoire
- Documenter mon projet open-source rapidement
Business, career, level up, thoughts
- I Was Google’s Head of International Relations. Here’s Why I Left.
- How I Do (Hopefully) Fair Performance Reviews for Software Developers
- Goodbye, Clean Code
- The Wrong Abstraction
- On Pair Programming
- Why You Should Stop Trying to Be Happy at Work
- Burnout: 'Sick and tired of feeling sick and tired'
- The Burnout List
- What is Legacy Code? Is it code without tests?
- 3 steps to add tests on existing code when you have short deadlines
- The real world is mutable (and consequences for system design)
- Julia de Funès: "Le bonheur en entreprise est une absurdité"
- Éduquer les développeurs de demain – Audrey Neveu & Xavier Bourguignon & Emmanuel Feller
Privacy, Digital Rights, Security
- US Government-funded Android phones come preinstalled with unremovable malware
- Apple’s new privacy features have further rattled the location-based ad market
- Why a social credit system is so scary.
- Apple reportedly abandoned plans to roll out end-to-end encrypted iCloud backups, apparently due to pressure from the FBI
- Mozilla Wants Young People to Consider ‘Ethical Issues’ Before Taking Jobs in Tech
- How the ‘Sharing’ Economy Erodes Both Privacy and Trust
- Leaked Documents Expose the Secretive Market for Your Web Browsing Data (about Avast antirivus)
- Switch From Your Internet Provider’s Email to Something Better
- U.K. Police Will Soon be able to Search Through U.S. Data Without Asking a Judge
- CERN ends trial of Facebook Workplace
- Cartamundi Completes The Aquisition Of The United States Playing Card Company
- The polygons of Another World
- Building climate-saving tech digs up new problems: Solving the climate crisis is going to take a lot of mining
- Toyota to Build Prototype City of the Future
- Linus Torvalds: Linux Scheduler Not To Blame For Google Stadia Port Issues
- I went to see a movie, and instead I saw the future
- Angry, frustrated, and overwhelmed: The emotional experience of consuming news about President Trump
- The polygons of Another World and The polygons of Another World: Super Nintendo
- Monty Python Song is the Brits' Funeral Favorite
- Who Can Name the Bigger Number?
- Jenkins: A new chapter for Kohsuke
- Cashless businesses are now banned in NYC
- New species of Allosaurus discovered in Utah
- An update on bradfitz: Leaving Google
- 'The audience was spellbound': World-renowned violinist performs at maximum-security prison