To 2017 and beyond
2017-01-01Last modified on 2021-05-24
It's that time again...
Last year, I added some «interludes» with music I like or something, you'll find the same in this new one.
I wrote some articles on this blog (10 !). I think the most viewed one was the one about TypeScript (I do not have any analytics / tracking stuff on this website so I do not have any proof though).
I did some real things again for sfeir:
- devoxx report
- An interview of Raphaël Goetter at Best of Web
- An interview of Philippe Charrière at the jug summer camp
- An interview of Matt Holt at dotGo
And some small contributions in the articles of awesome coworkers:
This will not stop in 2017 ^^.
Interlude: A Tribe Called Quest - We The People....
That was a crazy year.
With my buddy Romain Maton, we spoke at:
It was an amazing experience. The talk at the Jug Summer Camp should be available on youtube at some time. I am not sure yet I'll be ready to make another one this year, but who knows :) (edit: I submitted a conf talk to Devoxx France, we'll see...)
Interlude: Aesop Rock - Shrunk
I played a little more with:
- react (result: I am not a big fan)
- vuejs (result: it is awesome, it will be big in 2017)
I started using:
- go (result: I love it !)
For 2017, I'll have to learn some Angular (understand version 2 and later...) and RxJS. Starting soon !
Interlude: Carly Rae Jepsen - Higher
I've been to some events like coding game «coders stike back»
(That dude with a My Little Pony t-shirt... That is me)
My real serious side project is:
- beulogue, a static site generator
Some small projects are waiting:
- gitzytout, a tool to help configure multi git repos to push your stuff everywhere
- jisho, a command line japanese dictionary
- neupeumeu: a npm client written in go
- twitter-cleaner: a small tool to help me clean my twitter things
And other things are still in my head. I talked last year about a secret project... I haven't started yet. Stay tuned ! It should be written in Go + VueJS.
Also, I have contributed to open source projects ! True story !
- I fixed typos in vscode-ng-language-service
- I fixed a typo in angular-translate
- I fixed typos in flow
Making open source projects better, one typo at a time.—Siegfried Ehret
Interlude: NEVERMEN - Mr Mistake
Computers and stuff
I got a Raspberry Pi, I have not opened it yet. I will in 2017 !
I switch to Arch Linux in february 2016, and I love it !
I switched from zsh to fish, you should really try it. Fast and powerful.
I forgot when I closed my account at LastPass, but I am using pass and it is freaking cool.
I have also started a dotfiles repository with some configs.
The only thing I am still missing is configuring mutt.
I also want to find a modern and lightweight browser...
Interlude: deadmau5 - No Problem
Here are some movies I liked:
- The Nice Guys
- 10 Cloverfield Lane
- The Light Between Oceans
- Shin Godzilla
- Your Name
- Central Intelligence: because yeah, I can't miss a movie with The Rock. Seriously.
And those that where below my expectations:
- The Secret Life of Pets
- Jason Bourne
- Star Trek Beyond
- Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- Captain America: Civil War
- Find Dory
- Now You See Me 2
And some I hope to see:
That being said (written): Clerks 2 is still my favourite movie after 10 years, because:
- it is fun, romantic, geeky
- the characters are super cool
- the soundtrack is awesome
- it includes inter-species erotica
Starting ? Pursuing ?
I have soooo much things to do...
- Write even more !
- Learn more (ClojureScript ? Erlang ?)
- I don't have much time to read and I want to read more (or listening to audioboooks).
- I am working on a Node.JS training session for my company, it'll be out in the next months :)
- Learning Japanese !
- Practicing karate: I may try to reach the black belt in Karate this year...
Interlude: BABYMETAL - KARATE
Just another interlude because I don't have extra content for you
Interlude: Run The Jewels - Legend Has It
Happy new year !
As I say every year:
Happy new year to everybody who will have a happy year. For the others, stay strong and let's hope 2018 will be here promptly.